Gasfrog

Gasfrog

только пришел

• Только пришел
  • 2 сообщений
  • Мотоцикл: TA 600 '96

Привет everyone,
I'm 42 and I live in France.
I bought a '96 600 Transalp and it seems I need a motorcycle license ( :lol:) so I'm about to start driving lessons on monday. If I'm good enough I should get the license on beginning of may.
My goal is to travel. One of my first destinations will be Russia, on june if everything goes well. I came to Moscow some years ago, I enjoyed it so much I'd like to visit other places of Russian Federation (even if I know Moscow "is not really like Russia" as we usually say), entering by Finland border up to Moscow then I hope to be able to reach Magadan on july (...2023, if possible :lol: ), then maybe go back to Europe through Central Asia (Altaï, *stan, maybe a detour to India/Nepal if timimg is ok, Iran, Turkey...). Caucasus and Crimea will be for next year, I hope !
I still have many things to plan : the precise route, get a tourist voucher, Visa, learn a bit of russian language, etc.
Here are some "quick" pictures of the Transalp, '1996, PD06A, 40'000km. 2-3 things to fix but I got it for a quite good price. I've planed some modifications : bigger tank and front fork from Africa Twin, better rear shock, safety stuff and luggage...

6439a615205e4_recadree2.png

6439a609ab9ce_recadree.png

If you have any question or suggestion, do not hesitate.
Thanks in advance for the welcome !

Сообщение отредактировал Gasfrog: 14 April 2023 - 22:48

Mishutka

Mishutka

давно живет здесь

• Купец-коробейник
  • 2705 сообщений
  • Мотоцикл: XR250, XRV750
Hello!

The plan is interesting. The best time to visit Magadan is August.
The old snow has already melted almost everywhere, and the new snow has not yet fallen everywhere))
Good luck on your journey.

МотоПапа

МотоПапа

давно здесь сидит

• Свой
  • 358 сообщений
  • Мотоцикл: TA 650
Hi! Great plan. If you need help, write in this chat.

Gasfrog

Gasfrog

только пришел

• Только пришел
  • 2 сообщений
  • Мотоцикл: TA 600 '96

Thank you guys :) !

The plan is interesting. The best time to visit Magadan is August.

The old snow has already melted almost everywhere, and the new snow has not yet fallen everywhere))

Unfortunately, if I go to Magadan on August then I won't be able to go to south Himalaya before winter. I believe July is a good compromise. Roads will be all right, won't they ?

Another question I have is about tires and other maintenance parts availability. I believe there's no problem in Moscow, but will I be able to buy new tires (mixed road/offroad like Motoz Tractionator Rallz, Continental TKC80...), oil/air filters and chain/sprocket kits in cities like Omsk, Novossibirsk, Krasnoïarsk, Irkoutsk or even Iakoutsk or Magadan ? Will I have to order them before ?

If you have any other advice, please do not hesitate.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Сообщение отредактировал Gasfrog: 16 April 2023 - 17:03

МотоПапа

МотоПапа

давно здесь сидит

• Свой
  • 358 сообщений
  • Мотоцикл: TA 650
In Omsk and Novosibirsk, you can easily order tires through the federal service
https://www.kolesa-darom.ru/